Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thing #12 - NetLibrary and WorldCat

NetLibrary was SO easy to use. I signed up for an account which took all of thirty seconds and then went on my way searching. Navigating the pages was fairly easy and just required clicking on the "previous" and "next" buttons. I feel fairly confident that I'd be able to show a patron how to use this program. All library staff should familiarize themselves with this useful tool!
WorldCat was just as easy as NetLibrary for me to use! I searched for Free for all : oddballs, geeks, and gangstas in the public library, by Don Borchert and found that the closest branch to have it was the Toms River branch of the OCL. The different tabs make it easy to find information about the book like publisher, copyright, and all the other bibliographical information you may need to fill out an ILL form.

No comments: